You know those times that you want something delicious, home made and chocolatey, but you don’t want to sweat for hours in the kitchen?
In our house that’s almost every day.
This is the perfect no fail chocolate cupcake recipe.
We make it in our house every time (yes EVERY time) we’re craving chocolate cupcakes. Once in a while I try another recipe, and always kick my self because it’s never as good, or as easy, as this one.
Never Fail Rich and Moist Chocolate Cupcake recipe
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder. We LOVE Hersey’s cocoa powder (click here to buy now on Amazon) for the richest, chocolatiest flavor. OK, chocolatiest isn’t a word, but you know what I mean – that rich, creamy, delicious chocolate taste!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium or large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Flour and grease 24 cupcake tins or just use cupcake liners. Click here to see prices.
- Using a mixer, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking power and and salt.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla into the same bowl.
- Mix for three minutes on medium speed.
- Stir in the boiling water last. IMPORTANT: Batter will be very thin. Pour into the prepared tins, filling each tin or liner about 3/4 full.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
IMPORTANT: This batter is very, very thin; almost the consistency of paint.
Want to make better cupcakes?
We love this Wilton 4-Tier Stacked Cupcake and Dessert Tower. It’s the perfect way to show off your cupcake creations. See prices on Amazon here.
This Wilton regular cupcake pan is the perfect size, cooks evenly, and cleans up easily. See it on Amazon here.