These banana oatmeal breakfast cookies are easy, healthy, and so tasty that even picky kids will love them.
They’re packed with peanut butter, oatmeal, banana, and enough chocolate chips to make them a real treat!
These healthy banana oatmeal cookies are perfect for using up ripe bananas.
This recipe is flourless, and the sweetness is added via ripe bananas, with a taste of honey. And chocolate chips, because, if you follow us at all you know we love our chocolate, whether it’s chocolate cupcakes, healthy chocolate fruit dip, or mini Baileys and chocolate cheesecakes.
Scroll to the bottom of this post for a printable version of the recipe, including all measurements and instructions.
Her’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to get started:
- quick oats
- ripe bananas
- natural peanut butter
- pumpkin seeds
- chocolate chips
- baking powder and baking soda
- Sugar In The Raw Turbinao sugar (optional)
Other cookie recipes: strawberry jam thumbprint cookies, thumbprint cookies with icing, chocolate thumbprint cookies, Christmas cookie recipes.
How to Make Banana Breakfast Cookies
First, preheat your oven to 375 Fahrenheit, and line a 11 x 17 baking sheet with parchment paper. These are big cookies!
Add oats, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and mix. These are your dry ingredients.
Next, add mashed banana, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, pecans, and chocolate chips to dry ingredients and mix.
Now, you’re ready to form your cookies. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, place cookies onto parchment paper.
I like this affordable Rubbermaid Measuring Cup Set for easy measuring.
Flatten the top of each cookie on the parchment paper by pressing down lightly with your fingers.
Cookies will not spread, so this is their final shape.
Bake for 15 minutes. The bottom should be lightly golden brown.
Let cool slightly before eating!
If you have any questions or feedback, please let me know in the comments. Thanks so much for vising my site!
Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Delicious homemade banana breakfast cookies, baked in only 15 minutes, are the perfect morning cookie, or healthy snack any time. As a bonus, your house will smell delicious!
- 2 cups quick oats
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 small overripe bananas, or 2 large bananas)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter. We like natural peanut butter, to avoid extra oils or sugar.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon raw Turbinao sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- Line a 11 x 17 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add oats, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and mix.
- Add mashed banana, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, pecans, and chocolate chips to dough and mix.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, place cookies onto parchment paper. Flatten the top of each cookie on the parchment paper. Cookies will not spread, so this is their final shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool before eating.
Omit the honey for slightly less sweet cookies and less sugar.
Use Gluten free certified oats for gluten free cookies.
Substitute vegan maple syrup or agave for honey for vegan cookies. I love the maple syrup version - so good!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 241mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.