These chocolate peppermint kiss thumbprint cookies are the perfect combination of soft chocolate goodness with a burst of Hersey’s peppermint kiss in the middle.
I’m usually not a big fan of mint in baking. Except when there’s chocolate involved too, like in our mint chocolate chip cheesecake dip, or our chocolate cupcakes with fresh mint.
Actually, pretty much anything will pass muster if there’s chocolate involved. Except maybe potato chips dipped in chocolate. Or ants dipped in chocolate. Have you ever tried those? N.a.s.t.y. But I’m getting off topic.
These Hershey peppermint kiss cookies, on the other hand, are a tasty morsels of chocolate and mint deliciousness.
Go ahead, add these Christmas cookies with peppermint kisses to your list of the best Christmas cookies. I know we are!
They’re be right up their with our thumbprint cookies with icing and our strawberry jam thumbprint cookies. So good!
Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies with Sprinkles
Since I have kiddos that are obsessed with sprinkles, these are decorated with a healthy coating of sprinkles, but sprinkles are optional.
Love cookies? Follow my Cookies Pinterest board for more great ideas!
Peppermint Kiss Thumbprint Cookies
Chocolate peppermint kiss thumbprint cookies with soft chocolate and Hersey's peppermint kisses.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 24 Candy Cane flavor Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- In a medium bowl, mix margarine and sugar until smooth for 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Mix in egg yolk, milk, and peppermint extract for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, hand mix flour, cocoa, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix for about 2 minutes, or until combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Roll the chilled dough into balls, approximately 1 inch in diameter. Roll each ball in sprinkles and place on a cookie sheet.
- Use your thumb to make an indention in the top of each cookie.
- Chill the prepared balls another 30 minutes. This keeps the cookies from spreading out too much when cooking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until set.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press a Hershey Kiss into the center.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
These are perfect for holiday baking! We love the mint flavor too!
I love mint, especially around Christmas, so these cookies are a must make!! I leave off the sprinkles and they are still delicious!