This Grinch hot chocolate is the perfect combination of creamy, smooth hot chocolate and Grinch fun. Kids will love it!
I’ve always been a huge fan of the Grinch movies, so a Grinch drink is a natural!
Watching the original Grinch cartoon is one of our very favorite memories of Christmas as a kid, and I watch it every year with my own little ones.
This green hot chocolate is a perfect nod to all things Grinch and green. In fact, it’s the perfect Grinch drink for kids!
Grinch Hot Chocolate
I’m such a big fan of this Grinch hot chocolate.
It’s creamy, hot, tasty, and it reminds me of my very favorite holiday movie.
What you’ll need (I’ve included links to Amazon so you can see what I used):
- 4 cups of milk of your choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I used Wilton clear imitation vanilla extract, but regular brown vanilla extract is fine too).
- 8 oz. mint chocolate chips (available on Amazon here)
- 2 drops of green food coloring (available on Amazon)
- red sprinkles (we used Wilton Red Sprinkles)
- whipped cream
Looking for some more great Holiday recipes?
“Let Taste of Home help you plan your holiday parties and menus with this idea-packed cookbook. There are wonderful appetizers and beverages, company-worthy entrees, delectable breads, an array of sides and best of all dazzling, divine sweets—cookies, candies, cakes, pies and more.
Included is classic fare, as well as updated twists on old-time favorites.”
- 4 cups of milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 oz. mint chocolate chips
- 2 drops of green food coloring
- red sprinkles
- whipped cream
- Dip the rim of the glass in water, then in red sprinkles
- Mix milk, vanilla, food coloring and mint chocolate in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, until the white hot chocolate comes to a simmer and melted. Do not let it boil!
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, topped with whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 32gProtein: 11g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.