These lemon raspberry cupcakes with are a wonderful treat!
They’re the perfect mixture of sweet, with a bright pop of fresh fruit flavor.
You won’t believe how easy it is to make this special homemade lemon cupcake that’s topped with a perfectly sweet raspberry buttercream.
These cupcakes are made from scratch.
Lemon raspberry cupcakes
Here’s what you’ll need to make these lemon raspberry cupcakes with fresh raspberry buttercream frosting.
These cupcakes are homemade, from scratch! It’s the quality of the ingredients that really matters here – real butter, eggs, fresh lemon juice and rind, and fresh, real raspberry juice!
For the cupcakes, you’ll need all purpose flour, baking powder, table salt, salted butter, white sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest, milk, and fresh lemon juice.
The recipe below gives you the exact amounts.
This recipe makes 2 dozen cupcakes.
Need another homemade cupcake recipe? Try our one bowl chocolate cupcakes, rocky road cupcakes, chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes with red velvet buttercream, or this delicious old fashioned homemade vanilla buttercream.
These cupcakes are easy to make, and a big family favorite!
How to make raspberry buttercream with fresh raspberry juice
For the fresh raspberry frosting, you’ll need fresh raspberry juice, butter, powdered sugar, and milk.
I got my raspberry juice by draining the liquid off frozen raspberries during thawing!
The fresh raspberry juice makes this buttercream amazing! It gives a pop of fresh, sweet flavor that goes perfectly with the sweetness of the lemon cupcakes.
Tip! Don’t decorate these lemon cupcakes with raspberry buttercream frosting when they’re warm – the buttercream will slide right off!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup whole milk, divided
- 2 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh raspberry juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions for lemon cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 24 cupcake pans with Pam, and line with paper liners.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and mix in vanilla extract and lemon zest. Add milk and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, one third at a time until just combined.
- Add batter to cupcake liners until 3/4 full.
- Bake 13-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely on a rack before frosting.
Directions for raspberry buttercream with fresh raspberry juice
- Using a hand mixer, cream the butter and vanilla together.
- Blend in the sugar, a half cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add raspberry juice and mix.
- Add 2 tablespoons milk and mix.
- If you live in a dry climate, you may need to add additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mixing after each addition, until light and fluffy.
- Cover until ready to use.
Pipe raspberry buttercream onto lemon cupcakes.
I made these lemon cupcakes in mini cupcake pans.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 269mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.